Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wow! What a wonderful season. Last week Vicki and I spent 3 days with our son Tory, Elizabeth and Olivia. We celebrated the birth of Christ with gift giving and a whole lot of hugs, pictures and food.
I arrived home to the coming of my mother and sister Candy to Charlotte. Again my heart sings with the joy of the season. family is all it is cracked up to be. I am happy, thank you God.
Tonight a Christmas gathering with friends, tomorrow sharing the Christmas story of salvation in Morganton NC, and tomorrow night another party. This must be what joy overload feels like.
If only Vicki were home that would be the cherry on the Sunday. She is with her mom for the weekend but home Monday, alright!
My heart does go out to those who will face the first Christmas after the loss of a loved one. I just emailed a mother who's son was killed in Iraq this year. If you are reading and you fit this picture remember as you draw near to Christ even though the hole in your heart is still real He is the healer of the broken hearted, the balm the soothes the bruised, and He loves you even when you cry or feel angry.

1 comment:

Rev. Chuck said...

Sam,
You have been a great blessing for Morganton 1st. My family is praying for you and your ministry. Please do the same for my family as we are seeking our place in the ministry. God bless you and your family during this Holy Holiday

In Christ,
Chuck